DbcH - Data Base Control (Harbour) is an utility that allows complete multi-user access to xBASE databases and indexes.
Here you can download the following binaries and sources:
- Dbch 3.10 ( Windows ) supports DBFCDX (default) and DBFNTX drivers;
- Dbch 3.10_Debian ( Linux Debian 7 ) supports DBFCDX (default) and DBFNTX drivers;
- Dbchl 3.10 ( Windows ) a version for LetoDB;
- Dbchx 3.9 ( Windows ) supports Ads RDD. To use it you need to have ADS client dll's version 5.7 . You can download it from here.
- DbcH 3.10 - sources. Bat files to build DbcH with Borland C compiler and dbc.hbp for hbmk2 are included;
- Dbchw 3.2 ( Windows ) for local files (DBFCDX,DBFNTX). The sources are included in HwGUI distribution( hwgui/utils/dbc ).
- Dbchwl 3.2 ( Windows ) for LetoDB.
- Dbchw 3.2-Debian ( Linux Debian 7 ) for local files (DBFCDX,DBFNTX).
Pay attention to the file dbc.ini. It has the same set of options for console and GUI versions. DbcH first reads the ini-file, located near the executable file, and then the one that is in the directory from which you launched DbcH, so you can override Dbc options for different directories.
Dbc.ini options.Section [MAIN]:
- Shared = On
- Swith the Shared mode.
- Readonly = Off
- Swith (switch off in this case) the Readonly mode.
- DateFormat = dd.mm.yyyy
- Set the date format to show in a browse.
- Swith the interface language. If lEngl == Off, the language is Russian ( for console version only).
- Index = ntx
- Set the default database driver. In this case - dbfntx, in all other - dbfcdx.
- BrwFont = MS Sans Serif,0,-17
- Browse font( for GUI version only ).
- AppCodePage = RU1251
- Application codepage ( for GUI version only ).
- DataCodePage = RU866
- The codepage of dbf files ( for GUI version only ).
- ServerPath = //192.168.0.5:2812/
- The path to the LetoDB server.
- ServerPath = //192.168.0.5:6262/
- The path to the ADS server.
With DbcH you can:
- open dbf files for browse and editing in shared and exclusive modes, read/write and readonly modes
- insert,delete,modify columns in browse
- create (and modify structure) dbf files,indexes and tags
- easy toggle workareas for multiple databases
- edit/view in page(s)-per-record mode
- edit/view in traditional row-per-record mode
- execute commands:
LOCATE, CONTINUE, SEEK, SET FILTER, GO TO,
DELETE, RECALL, REPLACE, APPEND FROM, COPY TO, REINDEX, PACK, ZAP,
COUNT, SUM, SET RELATION
- print file (columns defined in current browse)
- save and load views (view file have text format, so you can
create and modify it from simple text editor)
- create/save/load/execute SQL QUERIES
- execute scripts
- copy to/paste from Windows clipboard
- convert memos between dbt and fpt format
- pack memos
(not be shown publicly)